Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Areas of expertise: legal matters and auditing
About Albert Engelsman (1949)
Albert Engelsman is the chairman of the Supervisory Board. In addition to general areas of expertise such as strategy, finance and assets, insurances and reinsurances, compliance and Solvency II, risk management and commerce, he has special focus areas as a supervisory board member: legal matters and auditing.
Albert Engelsman has been employed at Koninklijke Wagenborg B.V. for over 35 years. The last 30 years until his retirement in 2010 he was employed as the Group’s in-house lawyer and also as managing director of Wagenborg Shipping B.V.
Other positions held by Albert Engelsman
By virtue of his function at Koninklijke Wagenborg, he has been a member of various boards, and he is still in a number of boards:
- Chairman of the Dutch Association of Employers in Merchant Shipping (1991-2018)
- Board member of the Royal Association of Netherlands Shipowners (1989-2016)
- Supervisory board member of the Stichting Loodskotter Eems (pilot cutter ‘Eems’ foundation)(2015-to date)
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Stichting Maritiem-Historical Databank, a maritime-historical database foundation (2010-to date)
- Chairman of the Stichting Jonkheer Rhijnvis Feith (board member as from 1994, chairman as from 2017-to date)
First appointment: 13 March 2010
Current term of appointment: 2016-2020